Real Salt Lake’s Sam Johnson suspended after alleged shooting at his party

Real Salt Lake forward Sam Johnson was suspended from the team and prohibited from all activities after a shooting took place at a party at his home earlier this month, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.

Johnson, 27, is in his second year with RSL. He was the second-leading scorer on the team last season with nine goals, his first in MLS.

The league is currently investigating the incident. 

“The team and league are aware of the incident and are currently conducting an investigation,” RSL said in a statement, via the Salt Lake Tribune. “In accordance with health and safety protocols, the player is prohibited from engaging in any team-related activity. We will have no further comment until the conclusion of the League’s investigation.”

Johnson allegedly throws house party amid COVID-19

Despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, which is trending up across the country, Johnson allegedly threw a house party at his Salt Lake City-area home that about 100 people attended on Oct. 3. Utah has banned gatherings of more than 50 people due to the pandemic.

Per the report, a gunshot was fired early on Oct. 4 that caused “partygoers to scatter.” Johnson wasn’t believed to have been at his home at the time of the gunshot. 

A man with a gunshot wound then showed up to a local hospital hours later with a non-life-threatening injury. The man said he was shot elsewhere and wasn’t cooperative with police about the incident, per the report.

It’s not clear who fired the shot or why.

Johnson is in the second year of his two-year deal with Real Salt Lake. He has scored one goal in 330 minutes so far this season. 

Real Salt Lake forward Sam Johnson
Despite the ongoing pandemic, Sam Johnson allegedly threw a massive house party earlier this month. (Fred Kfoury III/Icon Sportswire/Getty Images)

More from Yahoo Sports:

Source Article

Read more

Gatwick knifeman gets suspended sentence after bringing two huge kitchen knives

A knifeman has been given a suspended sentence after brandishing two huge kitchen knives at Gatwick Airport.

Adam Russell, 32, told a neighbour he had planned a ‘massacre’ at the airport and wanted ‘to kill them all’.

Russell, who suffers from schizophrenia, was in the midst of a relapse in his mental illness when he took a bus to Gatwick in the early hours of June 3, 2019.

He was armed with two 10-inch blades, a court heard, and nearly 200 people were evacuated from in the South Terminal as Russell headed towards the international departure lounge.

Armed police arrived two minutes after security staff pressed the panic button and officers tasered Russell before arresting him. 

Adam Russell (pictured with two large kitchen knives), 32, told a neighbour he had planned a 'massacre' at Gatwick Airport and wanted 'to kill them all'

Adam Russell (pictured with two large kitchen knives), 32, told a neighbour he had planned a ‘massacre’ at Gatwick Airport and wanted ‘to kill them all’

Russell, from Crawley in West Sussex, pleaded guilty to possessing a bladed article and affray. He appeared at Lewes Crown Court for sentencing on Tuesday afternoon.

Prosecutor Rachel Beckett said Russell was seen by one of his neighbours about 1.30am while they both waited for a bus.

She told the court: ‘The defendant said he was going for a massacre at Gatwick.

‘He later said he was going to kill them all.’

Russell arrived at the airport and was seen walking into the arrivals hall, carrying a knife in each hand.

One witness said the defendant was ‘walking with purpose in his stride’ and had ‘an emotionless glazed over look in his face’.

Russell (pictured), who suffers from schizophrenia, was in the midst of a relapse in his mental illness when he took a bus to Gatwick in the early hours of June 3, 2019

Russell (pictured), who suffers from schizophrenia, was in the midst of a relapse in his mental illness when he took a bus to Gatwick in the early hours of June 3, 2019

Another said Russell looked ‘like he was on a mission’.

As onlookers realised the danger they started shouting and running, with security staff ushering people away.

Russell was heard shouting ‘come on then’ as he continued to hold the knives.

The prosecutor added: ‘(A) security officer said she was so scared when she saw the defendant she was scared he was about to start stabbing everyone.

‘She thought “this is it, this is a terrorist attack”.’

Staff pressed the panic button at 1.54am and armed police arrived in the area at 1.55am.

Officers armed with a carbine and handguns found the defendant and shouted at him to show them his hands.

Armed officers tasered Russell before arresting him after he walked through Gatwick Airport's security area with two large knives

Armed officers tasered Russell before arresting him after he walked through Gatwick Airport’s security area with two large knives

They formed the view that he was ‘aggressive and an immediate danger’ and tasered him in the chest.

After he was apprehended, he told officers that he suffered from schizophrenia.

The court heard that a week before the Gatwick incident he had told ambulance staff that voices in his head were telling him to blow up the airport.

Defence barrister Fiona Clegg said: ‘What is very clear is that in the proceeding weeks to the incident that his mental health was deteriorating significantly.

Read more

Burger King reveals restaurant redesign with suspended kitchen and exterior to-go lockers

Burgers are making their way to the future.

The world is changing and, apparently, so is Burger King. The restaurant chain recently unveiled new designs for its locations that will fulfill “changing guest demand,” according to the company.

The new restaurant designs will reportedly provide guests with multiple ordering and delivery modes, depending on their needs or wants. (Burger King)

MCDONALD’S TAKES ACTION AGAINST AUSTRALIA’S BURGER KING OVER ‘BIG JACK’

Ticker Security Last Change Change %
QSR RESTAURANT BRANDS INTERNATIONAL INC. 57.13 +0.49 +0.87%

In a press release shared with Fox News, Burger King confirmed that the new designs were created by an in-house design team with Restaurant Brands International (Burger King’s parent company). The designs were also created with input from the technology, operations and food innovation teams.

The new restaurants are set to be built in Miami, Latin America and the Caribbean in 2021.

GET FOX BUSINESS ON-THE-GO BY CLICKING HERE

The revamped designs will provide guests with multiple ordering and delivery modes, depending on their needs or wants. The new restaurants will also have a physical footprint that’s 60% smaller than traditional Burger King restaurants, achieved by having the kitchen and the dining room suspended over the drive-thru lanes.

A conveyer belt system will deliver food from the kitchen to the drive-thru.

A conveyer belt system will reportedly deliver food from the kitchen to the drive-thru. (Burger King)

For guests placing online and delivery orders, coded lockers will be placed on the exterior of the restaurant. Food will be placed directly into these lockers from the kitchen.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ON FOX BUSINESS

“In March our in-house design and tech team accelerated new restaurant design plans and pushed the limits of what a Burger King restaurant could be,” said Josh Kobza, chief operating officer for Restaurant Brands International. “We took into consideration how consumer behaviors are changing and our guests will want to interact with our restaurants. The result is a new design concept that is attractive to guests and will allow our franchisees to maximize their return.”

Source Article

Read more