Police Seek Suspects In Hell’s Kitchen Homicide, Stabbing

HELL’S KITCHEN, NY — Police appealed to the public Tuesday for help finding suspects in two separate stabbings in Hell’s Kitchen, one of which left a man dead.

The first incident happened around 10:09 p.m. on Aug. 22, when a 21-year-old man stabbed a 24-year-old man in the chest during a fight in front of 790 11th Ave., part of the Clinton Towers complex.

The victim, identified as Terrell Wigfall, was brought to Mount Sinai West Hospital, where he died from his injuries on Sept. 16. Wigfall had been a promising basketball player at Bronx Community College before apparently leaving the team last year, the New York Post reported.

The suspect, identified as Tammuz Darbasie, ran into the Clinton Towers after the stabbing, according to police. Authorities are seeking Darbasie, described as 6 feet tall and 140 pounds, last seen wearing a white shirt, black sweatpants and black sneakers, and known to frequent the neighborhood.

The second incident happened around 11:42 p.m. last Wednesday, Sept. 23, when an unidentified man stabbed a 42-year-old man in the back during an argument in front of 748 10th Ave.

The victim was hospitalized in stable condition, while the suspect fled north on 10th Avenue, police said. Authorities described him as a Hispanic male, 5 feet 5 to 6 inches tall, last ween wearing a dark baseball cap, a black hoodie, blue sweatpants and black sneakers.

Police asked anyone with information about either case to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). People can also submit tips online or on Twitter, @NYPDTips.

Source Article

Read more

Fight over scooter ends in stabbing at Hell’s Kitchen deli

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) — A man was stabbed outside a Manhattan deli last week moments after fighting over a scooter, video shows.

The NYPD released video late Tuesday showing the violent dispute outside Moal Grocery & Deli at 10th Avenue and W. 51st Street in Hell’s Kitchen last Wednesday night.

The video shows the suspect paying at the register near the front of the store when a man grabs a scooter beside him. The man pulls the scooter outside and is chased by the suspect, who snatches the scooter back, video shows. It’s unclear who owns the vehicle.

The suspect then checks his finger as if it’s injured before rushing out of the store, video shows.

Police said the suspect then stabbed the 42-year-old victim once in the back outside the store. Video appears to show a large knife in his hand during the confrontation.

The victim was taken to Mt. Sinai West in stable condition, police said.

The suspect ran northbound down 10th Avenue, according to police.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.

Continue Reading

Source Article

Read more

‘Little doubt’ Paris stabbing was terrorism, says French interior minister

PARIS (AP) — The main suspect in the double stabbing Friday outside the former Paris offices of a satirical newspaper where dozens were killed in 2015 was arrested a month ago for carrying a screwdriver but not on police radar for Islamic radicalization, France’s interior minister said.

Two suspects were arrested separately shortly after the stabbing in which two people were wounded, although the links between the two suspects weren’t immediately clear. The main suspect, the young man, was arrested on the steps of the Bastille Opera not far from the attack site, near the building where the weekly Charlie Hebdo was located before the 2015 attack.

The interior minister said the young man arrived in France three years ago as an unaccompanied minor, apparently from Pakistan, but his identity was still being verified.

“But manifestly it’s an act of Islamist terrorism,” Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin said in an interview with the France 2 television station. “Obviously, there is little doubt. It’s a new bloody attack against our country, against journalists, against this society.”

France’s counterterrorism prosecutor said earlier that authorities suspect a terrorist motive because of the place and timing of the stabbings: in front of the building where Charlie Hebdo was based until the Islamic extremist attack on its cartoonists and at a time when suspects in the 2015 attack are on trial across town.

From the left, Paris mayor Anne Hidalgo, anti-terrorism state prosecutor Jean-Francois Ricard, and Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin answer reporters after a knife attack near the former offices of satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo, September 25, 2020, in Paris. (AP Photo/Lewis Joly)

Prosecutor Jean-Francois Ricard said that the chief suspect in Friday’s stabbings was arrested, along with another person. Ricard said the assailant did not know the people who were stabbed, a woman and a man working at a documentary production company who had stepped outside for a smoke break.

The suspects’ identities have not been released. An investigation was opened into “attempted murder in relation with a terrorist enterprise,” according to an official at the terrorism prosecutor’s office.

French Prime Minister Jean Castex said the lives of the two wounded workers were not in danger. He offered the government’s solidarity with their families and colleagues.

The prime minister noted the “symbolic site” of the attack, “at the very moment where the trial into the atrocious acts against Charlie Hebdo is under way.” He promised the government’s “unfailing attachment to freedom of the press, and its determination to fight terrorism.”

In a tweet, Charlie Hebdo strongly condemned the stabbings.

“This tragic episode shows us once again that fanaticism, intolerance, the origins of which will be revealed by the investigation, are still present in French society….There is no question of ceding anything,” the newspaper said.

Police officers stand by a knife, seen on the ground, in Paris, September 25, 2020. (Soufian Fezzani Via AP)

The two people confirmed

Read more

Bronx basketball star dead after Hell’s Kitchen stabbing

A rising basketball star died weeks after he was stabbed during an August fight on a Hell’s Kitchen street, according to cops.

Terrell Wigfall, 24, was stabbed in the chest at the corner of 11th Avenue and West 54th Street just after 10 p.m. August 22, police said Thursday morning.

Wigfall — who lived about half-a-mile from the scene — was rushed to Mount Sinai West Hospital, where he died of his injuries Sept. 16, according to cops.

The case has since been ruled a homicide. The circumstances of the violent squabble were unclear Thursday morning.

Wigfall was the leading scorer for the Bronx Community College basketball team, the Bronx Broncos, according to a 2018 update on the team’s website.

“Terrell Wigfall scored a total of 49 points in the two games the Broncos played during the week that ended January 7, 2018,” the team said. “At the free throw line he made 16 out of 18 free throws attempted. Terrell Wigfall had 15 rebounds, 11 assists, 7 steals and 5 turnovers.”

It’s unclear how long he played for the team, but his name was not listed on the 2019-2020 roster, the most recent available online.

Friends and family were heartbroken by his death.

“At a loss for words,” his aunt, using the name Sha Glove on Facebook, posted. “S.I.P. nephew. Terrell Wigfall you will never be forgotten!”

Wigfall attended Edward A. Reynolds West Side High School on the Upper West Side, teacher Mark Torres posted.

“Terrell, lost to violence, a young dad, star athlete, and graduate of West Side HS,” Torres wrote. “We created a temporary memorial for him until we can set up something more permanent inside the school. We miss you and will always LOVE and Remember you! Rest in Paradise.”

Friend Marquee Kee-Goldee posted photos from a memorial for Wigfall.

“Met his lil princess, wifee [sic] and sister,” he wrote. “His mans, right hands, brothers, coaches, and people that he touched their hearts came out for him. He put on for everybody.”

“It’s not right this happened to a kid who had a ticket out,” he said. “God’s Gift was his talent, God’s Plan was his spirit he gave to us all.”

Source Article

Read more

‘Knife fanatic’, 17, jailed for life for stabbing autistic best friend to death with a kitchen knife

A teen has been jailed for life for stabbing his autistic best friend to death with a kitchen knife during a row.

Trent Hutchinson, 17, plunged a knife into the back and skull of 18-year-old Ollie Wells outside his house, a court heard.

The young killer, who was said to have had a ‘fascination with knives’, had allowed his friend to sleep on a mattress in his bedroom in his mother’s house.

During the stay, Ollie answered the door and spoke to some men who stopped by in a car.

Trent Hutchinson (left), 17, has been jailed for life for stabbing his best friend to death with a kitchen knife during a row in Newhaven, Sussex,

The 18-year-old  victim Ollie Wells

Trent Hutchinson (left), 17, has been jailed for life for stabbing his best friend 18-year-old Ollie Wells to death with a kitchen knife during a row in Newhaven, Sussex

Hutchinson, 16 at the time, accused Ollie of ‘bringing trouble to the house’, police said.

A fight broke out between them inside the home in Newhaven, Sussex, and Hutchinson punched Ollie. 

Ollie fled outside and was followed by Hutchinson, who then returned quickly and told his mother he had stabbed Ollie.

The court heard Ollie was stabbed twice with a knife taken from the house during the incident on 6 January.

He collapsed outside into the street where he died despite the efforts of Hutchinson’s mother, and of paramedics who swiftly arrived.

Ollie Wells' (pictured) family said in a statement: 'Ollie's death and the horrific way he died has been devastating for our family, he was the youngest sibling and loved very much'

Ollie Wells’ (pictured) family said in a statement: ‘Ollie’s death and the horrific way he died has been devastating for our family, he was the youngest sibling and loved very much’ 

Following the seven-day trial at Hove Crown Court, Judge Jeremy Gold QC allowed Hutchinson to be named after applications from media and Ollie’s family.

He was sentenced to life imprisonment on Friday, with a minimum term of 14 years.

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Andy Wolstenholme of the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team said: ‘This tragic moment has had a terrible impact on two families which will live with them forever.

‘One young man lost his life, cruelly and savagely murdered by another young man who he believed to be his best friend, who has consigned himself to tragically limited future.

A forensic tent at the property in Newhaven in January the day after Ollie was stabbed to death

A forensic tent at the property in Newhaven in January the day after Ollie was stabbed to death

‘The families of both teenagers will undoubtedly feel that loss forever.

‘Whatever the disagreement was between them that night, we may never know exactly why Ollie’s murderer reacted in such an extreme and violent way.

‘When interviewed, he said in a prepared statement that he acted in self-defence and intended Ollie no serious harm.

‘However the injuries made it clear that this was no defensive action but rather a sustained and deliberate attack.

Following the seven-day trial at Hove Crown Court, Judge Jeremy Gold QC allowed Hutchinson to be named after applications from media and Ollie's family. Pictured: The crime scene in Newhaven

Following the seven-day trial at Hove Crown Court, Judge Jeremy Gold QC allowed Hutchinson to be named after applications from media and Ollie’s family. Pictured: The crime scene in Newhaven 

‘Both as a police officer, and a resident of Sussex I am desperate not to see any more young lives cut short as a result of knife violence in our county.

‘The impact of

Read more

Police seek two men after “vicious, merciless” stabbing in the garden district

Toronto Police said Friday that they’re looking for the two suspects in an attack that officers called “brazen,” “vicious,” and “merciless.”

The incident happened around 11:30 p.m. on Aug. 28, in Toronto’s garden district, near O’Keefe Lane and Shuter Street.

According to surveillance footage provided, two men were seen attacking a third. One suspect wrestled the 25-year-old victim to the ground while the accomplice rushed in with what appeared to be a blade. The victim was then stabbed many times, as the initial attacker continued punching and kicking the man.

In an interview with the Star, police confirmed the man received “serious injuries,” but will recover.

“The investigators are trying to ascertain the relationship [between the three men], and also what led up to the actual altercation in the stabbing,” said police.

The two suspects were described as Black men, both in their early 20s. One was seen wearing a “red polo shirt, black jeans, beige Gucci shoes, and a black baseball cap.” The other was described wearing a “blue hooded sweat shirt with lightening bolts, torn blue jeans, black shoes, and a black baseball hat.”

They were last seen heading south down “O’Keefe Lane towards Shuter Street.”

Police said they’re looking for several women who were caught on camera as being in the area during the stabbing.

“Because of the severity and the viciousness of the attack, we’re trying to put urgency on this,” they said.

If you have information on the incident, let police know at 416-808-5100. You can also contact Crime Stoppers anonymously by calling 416-222-TIPS (8477).

Loading…

Loading…Loading…Loading…Loading…Loading…

Kevin Jiang

Source Article

Read more

Police officer hit by car at Manor House stabbing scene

Manor Park

image copyrightJulian Osley

image captionThe officer was responding to reports of a stabbing outside Manor House station when he was hit by a car

Police are hunting for the driver of a car that hit an officer on duty at the scene of a stabbing in north London.

The officer was responding to reports of a stabbing outside Manor House tube station in Finsbury Park when he was struck by the car at about 02:30 BST.

He was not injured but was treated by paramedics for shock, the Met Police said.

Inquiries to locate the driver are ongoing and no arrests have yet been made, the forced added.

Police were called at 01:55 to reports of a stabbing at the junction of Green Lanes and Seven Sisters Road.

A 28-year-old man was taken to hospital with a stab injury.

His condition is not life-threatening and no arrest have been made, police said.

Related Topics

  • Finsbury Park

Source Article

Read more