3 Hells Kitchen Eateries Lose Liquor License For COVID Violations

HELL’S KITCHEN, NY — Three restaurants in Hell’s Kitchen had their liquor licenses suspended by the state this week for violating rules intended to curb the spread of the coronavirus, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Friday.

Taqueria Diana on Ninth Avenue, Sushiva, also on Ninth, and Kochi, on 10th Avenue, all had their licenses suspended by the New York State Liquor Authority after inspectors found unsafe conditions there earlier this month, the state said. They are among 33 restaurants and bars statewide being hit with suspensions this week.

State investigators visited Taqueria Diana on Sept. 2, where they found five customers drinking indoors, violating the city’s ban on indoor dining which has being in place since March. The customers, a bartender and a kitchen employee were not wearing face coverings, the state said.

The state called the Mexican restaurant and bar a “repeat offender,” having previously been knocked for allowing indoor dining in July.

Inspectors visited Sushiva on Sept. 4, where they found six customers eating and drinking inside the Japanese restaurant. Its liquor license had only been issued three months earlier on June 1, the state said.

At Kochi, inspectors on Sept. 7 found about 30 customers and servers inside the Korean restaurant, violating the indoor dining ban. They also reported about 20 customers eating and drinking directly outside the restaurant, breaking social distancing requirements.

The state has now suspended 201 liquor licenses during the pandemic began, part of a crackdown by Gov. Andrew Cuomo in which three violations would result in a restaurant being shut down by the state.

Businesses face fines as high as $10,000 or immediate suspension of their liquor license for violating COVID-19 regulations.

“New Yorkers have worked together to stop the spread of coronavirus — but with our infection rate hovering around 1 percent and the threat of a second wave on the horizon, we must double down on the successful strategies that have helped us over the last six months,” Cuomo said in a statement.

Anna Quinn contributed to this report.

This article originally appeared on the Midtown-Hell’s Kitchen Patch

Source Article

Read more

Home Improvement Contractor License Application Checklist

As of March 16, 2020, DCA services are available online only. Note: Exams and fingerprinting are not being administered at this time. They will resume as soon as regular business operations resume. Monitor nyc.gov/dca for updates.

Beginning August 9, 2020, DCA will no longer license Home Improvement Salespersons. See Additional Resources section.

Who Must Have a Home Improvement Contractor License?

A person or business must have a Home Improvement Contractor license to do construction, repair, remodeling, or other home improvement work to any residential land or building in New York City. Other home improvement work includes, but is not limited to, the construction, replacement, or improvement of basements, driveways, fences, garages, landscaping, patios, porches, sidewalks, swimming pools, terraces, and other improvements to structures or upon land that is next to a home or apartment building.

This description is only a general explanation of who must have a Home Improvement Contractor license.

Quick List of Requirements to Apply for a Home Improvement Contractor License

See Requirements section for detailed descriptions. Make sure you provide all requirements; otherwise, your application is incomplete. DCA can only consider complete applications for license issuance.

  • Basic License Application
  • Sales Tax Identification Number OR Application Confirmation Number
  • Proof of Business Address
  • Proof of Home Address
  • Workers’ Compensation Insurance Information
  • Proof of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certification relating to safe lead practices AND/OR Signed Affirmation
  • DCA Trust Fund Enrollment ($200 fee) OR Copy of $20,000 Surety Bond (or Third Party Bond), properly signed
  • Contractual Compliance Agreement
  • Home Improvement Exam and $50 Exam Fee (if applicable)
  • Fingerprints and $75 Processing Fee per Person
  • Granting Authority to Act Affirmation (if applicable)
  • License Fee

Submitting your application does not mean your license is automatically approved.

Additional City or State Permits/Licenses/Clearances You May Need

Sidewalk work requires a permit from the New York City Department of Transportation (DOT). Contact 311 or visit www.nyc.gov/dot.
Many home improvements require a permit from the New York City Department of Buildings (DOB). Work to raise, lift, elevate, or move a house or building requires a special inspection by DOB. Contact 311 or visit www.nyc.gov/buildings. 
If you plan to haul or transport waste resulting from your business operations, you must obtain a Class One Self Hauler Registration from the New York City Business Integrity Commission. For an application and more information, contact 311 or visit www.nyc.gov/bic.

This is not meant to be a complete list. See Additional Resources section.

Important Message about Business Certificate

You must have the applicable Business Certificate based on your business’s legal structure. Although DCA does not require submission of your Business Certificate in order to process your application, DCA may request this document under section 20-104 of the New York City Administrative Code.

Sole proprietors operating under a name other than your own must have a Business/Assumed Name Certificate.

Partnerships must have a Partnership Certificate and, if applicable, an Assumed Name Certificate for your business.

Corporations, Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, or Limited Liability Partnerships must register
Read more