Perfection may be unattainable, according to all philosophy, but the continuing quest for perfection is the hallmark of being human. This process applies to your remodeling your nest or creating a suitable décor for your new home. After all, your home is your castle, and nothing could be more important than your space, the place where you spend your quality time with family and friends. This is the place where you can relax and de-stress; a place at the core of your life, so, choosing the right décor, the colors, furniture, and yes, lights for your home, for your living room are important.
So, how do you choose the perfect lighting for your living room? Given the many options available, it is easy to become confused! However, there are some basic rules that always apply, so here are your five lamp choices to improve living room décor.
- The Wall Scone or Wall Lamp: A classic and all time favorite, this light is mounted directly on your wall, and available in many styles, colors, and options. Whether you decide on the retro-look, the old world charm, or a stylized modern look, options are available and look fabulous. They are good for mood lighting, and creating ambience.
- The Ceiling Lamp: Another old favorite, tried and tested, this style of lighting is great for living room space. Flush mounted to the ceiling, or recessed, in a can-light or as recessed spots, it gives you the dual option of ambient or focused spot lighting. It is great for setting a mood, or for highlighting particular areas.
- The Pendant Lamp: is one of the latest lighting trends. These lights hang at a distance from your ceiling. They are modern, arty, and a great optional tool if you want a retro look. The color and style options are virtually limitless, and the pricing fits within most budgets. They are great for task oriented, ambience, or mood lighting.
- The Table Lamp: Most rooms have useful table surfaces you can jazz up, to enhance the décor. The perfect lamps for such surfaces are table lamps. From the classic wood and cloth, to the ultra modern glass and steel, choices of style, material, color and design are numerous; perfect to coordinate with your room. Add to the mood, highlight interesting pieces of furniture using these lamps.
- The Floor Lamp: The old version of this was the often the boring stand lamp, essentially, a simple elongation of the table lamp stem, making it tall enough to sit on the floor. Modern floor lamps are available in amazing styles, a variety of designs, and numerous kinds of materials.
Any of these lamp choices are sure to improve your décor, either by themselves, or in combination. So go ahead, experiment, and find the perfect look!…Read more