Using filtered water is a must when it comes to healthy living. Contaminants found in the water supply can present a risk to a person’s health. There are a lot of water filtration companies that deliver solutions to different water issues and offer various water filters that suit household needs.
However, there are some who make mistakes in buying the right water filter based on their needs and factors affecting water supply line.
Tips in choosing the whole-house filtration system that best suits a home:
1. Homeowners should see to it that the whole-house water filtration system that they decide on can get rid of the contaminants present in their water supply. They can identify the right water filtration system for them by having their water tested by a professional. Also, they can consult a country representative to know the contaminants commonly found in their area.
2. If there is a high level of sediments in a home’s water supply, this will require a whole- house sediment filter. The best alternative is multiple water sediment filters that range from 30 microns to 5 microns. Reusable sediment filters can also be used to save on costs over a long period of time.
3. When iron comes in the form of rust it can be removed using a high-quality sediment filter. However, it would require an ion exchange water filter or iron filter to remove dissolved iron. The type of iron found in water supply can be determined by a water analysis report.
4. A granular activated carbon filter can remove many chemical contaminants. Activated carbon can effectively remove 99% of chlorine, the chemical, which is most commonly found in municipal water supplies.
5. Flow rate, which is measured in gallons per minute or GPM, determines the amount of water travelling through the filter within 1 minute. The best whole-house water filters have a minimum flow rate of 7GPM. This lets them maintain constant pressure during the highest usage of water. To get the suitable flow rate, it is critical to buy the size of filtration system that suits the home size, number of household occupants and number of bathrooms.
6. A 1″ port size is best on a whole house filtration system. In case the home has 3/4″ piping, using a 1″ ported system will not cause hurdles when fitted into it. Whole water filter systems that have 1″ ports as well as a 4.5″ x 20″ filter have the capacity to carry water in excess, which means the pressure will never drop.Read more