Bryce Hall Accuses Thomas Petrou Of Stealing From Hype House, Latter Denies Allegations

TikTok star Thomas Petrou has slammed Bryce Hall after the latter accused him of stealing money from Hype House members.

In an interview with Tom Ward on Oct. 8, Hall, who is a Sway House member, had accused Hype House co-founder Petrou of stealing money from his own content creators.

“I’ll say it — he steals money. He steals money from those kids. These kids are — I love a lot of people in the Hype House, but they are not the smartest people. …maybe not now, because I haven’t talked to them in four or five months, and maybe somebody said something to him, but he, at the beginning, was stealing money for sure,” he said during the interview.

Petrou responded to the allegations saying, “That’s a complete lie. I’ve never taken a percentage of anyone in the Hype House. Ask everyone who’s a part of it. The whole reason I started this was to help the people around me make sure they weren’t getting taken advantage of by their managers and agents.”

In the meantime, Hype House co-founder Alex Warren too responded to the allegations and supported Petrou by saying, “I have been around since the beginning, I am on the bank account for Hype House ever since Thomas and I walked into the bank to create it. I can say this has never happened.”

Hype House is Los Angeles TikTok collab house that has some of the most famous TikTok personalities including Chase Hudson, Addison Rae, Nick Austin and Avani Gregg. Recently, one of the members, Tayler Holder, moved out of the home.

“I absolutely love everyone in that house with all my heart. The real reason I left the house has nothing to do with anyone in the house. I personally had a lot of issues with where we were staying in the house. It was no one else’s fault. I’ve always had this dream with people I consider family, just building a compound int his dope spot to create content,” Holder explained in a YouTube video.

The US government has said TikTok is a national security threat - allegations the company denies TikTok app. Photo: AFP / Olivier DOULIERY

Source Article

Read more

Trump denies knowing who ‘Proud Boys’ are, again declines to condemn white supremacy by name

Leaving the White House for campaign appearances in Minnesota, Trump told reporters he doesn’t know who the “Proud Boys” are — despite having told the far-right group, which reportedly has described itself as “western chauvinist” but not white supremacist, to “stand back and stand by” at the debate.

“I don’t know who the Proud Boys are. I mean, you’ll you have to give me a definition because I really don’t know who they are. I can only say they have to stand down, let law enforcement do their work,” Trump said of the group which has staged counter protests in cities like Portland that have experienced recent violence.

PHOTO: President Donald Trump speaks to reporters on his way to Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Sept. 30, 2020.

President Donald Trump speaks to reporters on his way to Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Sept. 30, 2020.

President Donald Trump speaks to reporters on his way to Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House in Washington, Sept. 30, 2020.

Asked directly on Wednesday if he would denounce white supremacy, Trump claimed he has always denounced it — but once again didn’t use the words “white supremacy.”

“I’ve always denounced — any form, any form, any form of any of that — you have to denounce,” Trump said.

A White House spokesperson had said earlier in the day there was nothing for the president to “clarify.”

At Tuesday’s debate, asked by moderator Chris Wallace of Fox News whether he was “willing to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence,” the president at first said, “Sure, I’m willing to do that.”

When Wallace pressed him, the president asked, “What do you want to call them?”

“White supremacists and right-wing militias,” Wallace said, as former Vice President Joe Biden interjected the name “Proud Boys.”

“Proud Boys, stand back and stand by,” Trump then replied. “But I’ll tell you what, somebody has got to do something about antifa and the left because this is not a right-wing problem. This is a left-wing problem.”

The group reportedly has previously denied links to white supremacy or violence.

The Proud Boys describe themselves as “a pro-Western fraternal organization for men,” according to the New York Times, and have denied they are part of the “alt-right” — but members have recently been connected to white supremacist groups.

The primary organizer of the Unite The Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia — where one counter-protester was

Read more

Appeals court denies re-hearing in Gloucester transgender bathroom case; U.S. Supreme Court could be next

A federal appeals court on Tuesday denied the Gloucester School Board’s request for a full rehearing in the long-running case of a lawsuit filed by a transgender student.

The next step could be the U.S. Supreme Court — where the case had once been destined before the high court sent it back to lower courts in 2017. The decision by the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals wasn’t unexpected: Requests to have all 15 judges hear a case are rarely successful, granted less than 1% of the time.

In August 2019, a Norfolk federal judge ruled that the School Board’s policy — limiting bathroom usage at the schools to students “with corresponding biological genders” — violated transgender student Gavin Grimm’s constitutional rights and federal legal protections. Last month, a three-judge panel for the 4th Circuit voted 2-1 to uphold Wright Allen’s ruling, likening the board’s policy to illegal racial segregation in public accommodations.

The Gloucester School Board filed a petition Sept. 9 asking that all 15 judges on the appellate court — from Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina and South Carolina — hear the case “en banc.”

But none of the 15 judges wanted to do that. That included Judge Paul V. Niemeyer, who sided with the School Board in last month’s 2-1 ruling. Niemeyer wrote Tuesday that the case “merits” a rehearing “under every applicable criterion,” but that the outcome wouldn’t change.

“There is no reason to conclude that this court, even though en banc, will change its mind,” Niemeyer wrote.

“It would, I believe, be the more efficient course” for the Gloucester School Board to ask the U.S. Supreme Court to hear the case, he wrote. “The issues in this case certainly merit its doing so.”

Niemeyer asserted that biological and anatomical differences between people are “at the root of why restrooms are generally separated on the basis of sex.” Grimm, he wrote was not treated differently from other transgender students.

“In stepping past these applicable legal principles, this court’s opinion simply advances policy preferences, which, of course, are for Congress to define, not our court,” Niemeyer wrote.

Another judge on the three-judge panel, James Wynn, wrote against a rehearing on a different ground — that the courts have gotten it right so far.

“The rights guaranteed by our Constitution enshrine this country’s most fundamental values and inviolable principles designed to protect individuals and minorities against majoritarian politics,” he wrote.

“The district court below delivered on this promise by holding that under our laws, the Board unlawfully discriminated against Grimm,” Wynn added.

Grimm — who identifies as a male — began using the boys’ room at Gloucester High School in late 2014. But after parents objected to the practice, the board soon adopted a policy barring him from doing so.

Grimm and the ACLU sued the School Board in 2015, asserting that the policy turned him into an outcast and violated both his constitutional rights and federal law.

David Corrigan and Gene Schaerr, outside attorneys

Read more

Court denies Gloucester School Board’s effort to appeal ruling declaring bathroom ban unconsitutional in Grimm case

GLOUCESTER, Va. (WAVY) — An effort by the Gloucester County School Board to appeal a ruling declaring its bathroom policy for transgender students unconstitutional has been denied.

Earlier this month, the school board filed a petition asking the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals to rehear its case against former student Gavin Grimm.

That request was denied, according to a tweet from the ACLU of Virginia.

“Discrimination against trans students is discrimination on the basis of sex and it’s illegal. Full stop,” the ACLU tweeted.

The school board announced Sept. 9 it had requested an en banc review in the Richmond-based United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. The request would have meant the full circuit court of appeals — all the judges — would have heard the case and could potentially overturned the previous ruling by a three-judge panel.

The three-judge panel had ruled that the school division’s requirements that Grimm use restrooms for his biological sex, female, or private bathrooms violated his rights. Grimm began transitioning from female to male while at Gloucester High School. In 2016, as a senior in high school, he legally changed his sex to male via state court order and on his birth certificate.

The panel’s decision upheld a previous one from a federal judge in Norfolk. That judge ruled in 2019 that Grimm’s rights were violated under the Constitution’s equal protection clause as well as under Title IX, a federal civil rights law that protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance.


Latest Posts:

Source Article

Read more

Justice Dept. Denies House Panel’s Request for Officials to Appear After Combative Barr Hearing

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department on Monday denied a congressional oversight committee’s request to hear from top officials, accusing Democrats of having “squandered” their opportunity to get relevant information from Attorney General William P. Barr this summer by instead using their time to “air grievances.”

The House Judiciary Committee had asked that Eric S. Dreiband, the head of the department’s Civil Rights Division, appear this month to discuss the division, and that Michael Carvajal, the director of the Bureau of Prisons, and Donald Washington, the director of the U.S. Marshals Service, appear for an oversight hearing on Oct. 1.

The department said in a letter to Representative Jerrold Nadler, Democrat of New York and the chairman of the committee, that Mr. Barr had been advised that he could be asked about police misconduct, voting rights, the coronavirus and federal prisons, and the civil unrest this spring and summer.

He appeared before the committee in July prepared to discuss those issues, the department said, but Democrats were more interested in “scolding and insulting” him.

“Unfortunately, when given the opportunity to obtain information from the head of the Department of Justice about precisely these matters, many committee members chose instead to use their allotted time to air grievances,” the department wrote in the letter.

“Having squandered its opportunity to conduct a meaningful oversight hearing with the attorney general, it remains unclear how further public spectacles with other department officials would now — a mere 14 legislative days since the attorney general’s hearing — advance the committee’s legitimate oversight efforts,” the department said.

A spokesman for the Judiciary Committee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The hearing with Mr. Barr was particularly contentious, with Democrats often refusing to let the attorney general respond to their questions or their accusations. The Democrats, in turn, were angered as Mr. Barr ignored questions about his rationale or actions, or quibbled over details.

Democrats and their allies argued after the hearing that Mr. Barr would not have answered their questions in good faith had they let him respond, and that he would have filibustered and wasted the time. Better, they said, to use the time to air their grievances.

The department argued on Monday that this did “preciously little to advance any legitimate interest” because the committee as a result of this tactic learned no new information.

“When the attorney general tried to address the committee’s questions, he was interrupted and silenced in excess of 70 times,” the department said in its letter. “One member interrupted him and admitted, ‘Well, I don’t want you to tell your story.’”

While the department was unwilling to let Mr. Dreiband, Mr. Carvajal or Mr. Washington testify this fall, it said it would share information and work to schedule future hearings if the committee committed to conducting itself in “an appropriate and productive manner.”

Source Article

Read more

White House Denies Trump Downplayed Covid Even Though He Admits It on Tape

“I wanted to always play (coronavirus) down. I still like playing it down, because I don’t want to create a panic,” Donald Trump admitted to journalist Bob Woodward in a March 19 interview that was taped.



a close up of a woman wearing a blue shirt: White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany speaks during a briefing in the Brady Briefing Room of the White House in Washington, DC on September 9, 2020.


© MANDEL NGAN / AFP/Getty
White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany speaks during a briefing in the Brady Briefing Room of the White House in Washington, DC on September 9, 2020.

Despite that admission, revealed Wednesday along with other excerpts and tapes from Woodward’s 18 interviews with the president since December, the White House claims Trump never downplayed the disease.

“The president never downplayed the virus,” White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters Wednesday.

Referencing a stack of detailed notes and timelines, McEnany set out to refute the damning admissions contained in Woodward’s forthcoming book, Rage.

“The president has never lied to the American public on Covid,” she said.

According to Woodward’s book and recorded conversations made public Wednesday, Trump knew that the virus was highly-contagious and deadly—even before the United States had reported a single Covid-19-related death.

Will Bob Woodward Release Book Interview Tapes? ‘Of Course’

UP NEXT

UP NEXT

“This is deadly stuff,” Trump told Woodward on February 7.

Three days later at a campaign rally in New Hampshire, Trump told his supporters, “I think it’s going to all work out fine,” and suggested that it would “go away” by April.

McEnany described Trump’s efforts as trying to keep Americans calm.

“He makes clear he doesn’t want to see chaos,” she said. “This president does what good leaders do.”

But health officials have scrutinized the Trump administration’s slow response to the virus—it was slow to warn people fully about the dangers, frequently compared it to a seasonal flu, and didn’t encourage preventive measures like mask-wearing until months after Trump’s first admission to Woodward.

“No one is lying to the American people,” McEnany said, when asked about the president’s frequent claim. “One day Covid will go away…. that is a fact.”

Woodward writes in his book, which CNN and the Washington Post acquired copies of along with tapes ahead of its September 15 release, that national security adviser Robert O’Brien gave Trump a “jarring” warning about the virus during a January 28 intelligence briefing. He warned Trump it would be the “biggest national security threat” of his presidency.

“Hopefully, everything’s going to be great,” Trump told supporters at an Iowa rally two days later. “They (China) have somewhat of a problem, but hopefully, it’s all going to be great.”

McEnany stood by the president’s response before cutting off the briefing after about 25 minutes.

“The president was expressing calm,” she said. “The president was hopeful.”

Start your unlimited Newsweek trial

Continue Reading

Source Article

Read more