When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
Click & Grow
- Gardening is a rewarding activity, but it’s not the easiest practice to master, especially when you lack the time and patience, and when there are environmental factors you can’t control.
- The Click & Grow Smart Garden ($199.95) is a self-watering system that allows even the most amateur gardeners to quickly and easily grow herbs and vegetables.
- It does so without using GMOs, pesticides, insecticides, or other harmful substances, putting you in full control of the food you grow and consume.
- We tried it and were impressed with how well it worked and how truly effortless the process was.
- Sign up for Insider Reviews’ weekly newsletter for more buying advice and great deals.
Though I personally don’t possess a green thumb, I’ve always envied those who successfully nurture their plants. Traditional gardening takes skill, patience, and work, and while it pays off in beautiful and delicious results, it can be intimidating to beginners or unappealing to people with busy schedules.
What is the Click & Grow Smart Garden?
Anything that makes growing plants easier and gives me a semblance of gardening credibility is intriguing to me, so when I learned about the Click & Grow Smart Garden, I was eager, albeit a little nervous, to give it a try. The Click & Grow claims to be a zero-effort device that delivers maximum results, and after testing it, I can say that it lived up to its promises.
I tested the Click & Grow Smart Garden 9 in our office before it was closed due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. It comprises three parts — a base that holds the seed pods and water tank, an LED light strip, and arms to connect the base to the light — and I was able to set it up in our office in all of 15 minutes.
After filling the four-liter tank with water and inserting each soil capsule into a pod, I plugged the garden into an outlet. The light is pretty bright, and it runs for 16 hours on, eight hours off, so if you plan on keeping it in your bedroom, you should plug it in for the first time right after you wake up.
Review of the Click & Grow Smart Garden
My garden of green lettuce, mini tomatoes, and basil made significant progress in just two weeks:
I was impressed by how quickly the plants grew and based on their comments, so were all of my colleagues who passed by the desk and checked up on their progress every day. A combination of factors contributes to this fast, seamless growth:
- “Smart Soil” that creates the perfect environment for plants to thrive: This NASA technology-inspired soil releases nutrients in sync with the plant life cycle, keeps its own pH balanced, and employs tiny oxygen pockets to guarantee plants get ample