An Australian professional cleaner and company director has shared her industry secrets to transforming a grubby shower screen and bathroom to make it look sparkling new.
Kacie, from Melbourne, shared videos on TikTok revealing she uses budget laundry products at home and while working.
The insightful cleaning videos have since gone viral, with one video receiving more than 299,000 views.
Scroll down for video
What are some of Kacie’s top cleaning secrets?
* Use a non-scratch sponge with Gumption or Bar Keepers Friend to clean soap scum from a shower screen with ease
* Always use a squeegee to remove water and then ‘polish’ or dry the glass with a microfibre cloth for sparkling results
* For sparkling windows use the $37 Sabco window cleaning kit from Bunnings that comes with a 12.5 litre bucket with a lid and handle. Pair it with a microfibre window washer, stainless steel squeegee and a microfibre cloth for the perfect finish
* Dishwashing liquid and water works very well to clean windows
* The #1 Kmart product for cleaning is the 2 piece pack of microfibre glass cleaning cloths – they are hidden in the car section
‘If your shower screens have hard water stains or built up soap scum, I would use a non-scratch sponge with either Gumption (which is a paste) or Bar Keepers Friend (which is a powder),’ she said in the video
‘Both of those scrub onto the screen and wash off – as long as the glass isn’t etched, it should come up pretty good.’
Gumption is priced at $5.40 and Bar Keepers Friend costs $8, with both available at Woolworths supermarkets.
Kacie also uses these products to clean other areas in the bathroom, such as the sink and bathtub, as they work exceptionally well.
After applying and washing the products off with water, Kacie recommends using a squeegee to remove water and then ‘polish’ or dry the glass with a microfibre cloth.
Depending on how dirty the shower screen is, dishwashing liquid and a microfibre cloth also works well.
Kacie said cleaning the shower or bathroom doesn’t need to be a complicated process, as it’s quite simple if the correct products are used.