Monmouth County’s 9/11 Memorial Ceremony of the 19th anniversary
Asbury Park Press
Above: Monmouth County honors the victims of 9/11
FREEHOLD BOROUGH — La Cipollina Ristorante on West Main Street was damaged Sunday evening when a fire erupted in the Italian restaurant’s kitchen, the owners said in a Facebook post.
“La Cipollina experienced an electrical fire tonight, (and) we believe it was caused by a motor that malfunctioned near our water heater,” owners Anthony Braica and Matthew Higgins wrote. “All clients eating in the restaurant and staff were safely evacuated from the restaurant while our brave kitchen staff contained the fire until Freehold’s finest police and fire company arrived.”
No one was injured, they said.
“Over 30 years ago our local fire departments saved our location and again tonight we are indebted to them for saving our livelihood,” the owners wrote.
Braica and Higgins said cleaning and repairs have already begun.
Freehold Borough Police did not immediately release information on the fire.
The Freehold Fire Department responded to the scene along with the Monmouth County Fire Marshal’s Office and the local health department, according to the fire department’s Facebook page.
‘He forever lost that sparkle’: Firefighter’s family remembers how 9/11 changed him
‘You can feel them here’: Sept. 11 means keeping brother’s memory alive in Middletown
Amanda Oglesby is an Ocean County native who covers Brick, Barnegat and Lacey townships as well as the environment. She has worked for the Press for more than a decade. Reach her at @OglesbyAPP, [email protected] or 732-557-5701.
Read or Share this story: https://www.app.com/story/news/local/emergencies/2020/09/13/freehold-boroughs-la-cipollina-ristorante-damaged-kitchen-fire/5789708002/