If you’re planning to remodel or renovate your home spoon, there are some things that you should consider. By carefully including these factors in your plan, you can avoid unpleasant surprises and expect a successful project.
First has to be your budget: do you have enough money to do a full-on renovation or your savings are just fine for a remodeling project instead? Secondly, you should think about the upgrades that you need for your home. Would adding a room make you happy, or just a quick repaint of the walls and ceiling would suffice? Finally, the actual space that your planned upgrades would cover — would they take most of your extra space, or would they occupy just a corner of your home?
Now, if you happen on a budget but are determined to give your home some fresh features to make it more functional, relaxing, and inviting, you’d be happy to know that there are so many ideas for you to consider. Here are eight inexpensive home upgrades that you should consider soon:
- New paint job. Giving your beloved home a fresh appearance is easy and affordable with a new paint job done by your trusted local house painter. In fact, you can further enjoy tremendous savings if you turn this project into a weekend DIY affair with your family. You only need to invest in paint supplies such as rollers, paint bucket/pan, and non-toxic and quick-drying paint. Don’t forget to buy dust masks and other personal protective equipment to keep everyone safe. This can be a fun family bonding that would hit two birds with one stone.
- Get custom wrought iron decors. Metal has long been a widely-used material to create custom decorative pieces for homes, whether for indoor or outdoor spaces. There is no shortage of shops that provide metal fabrication services to property owners who want personalized wrought iron decors such as chandeliers and center table frames. You only have to communicate your design ideas and specifications, and the fabricator will take things from there and craft the items that you need.
- Mini rock garden. Who says that landscaping should be worth several thousand? You can easily achieve a professionally-landscaped ambiance by having a rock garden in a small spot in your outdoors. You can buy commercial landscaping stones, or you can use your hunting skills to try sourcing river rocks and small boulders. With some degree of creativity and muscle-flexing, you can have a Zen-inspired mini rock garden that would add some wow factor to your landscape.
- Koi pond or mini waterfall. Water features such as koi ponds and mini waterfalls are always a welcome addition to any home. These water amenities can be placed indoors or outdoors, depending on available space or preference. You can tap a landscaping company or save some money by treating it as another of your DIY projects.
- Accent lighting. Accent lighting is another excellent way to give your home an upgraded look to highlight a particular piece, such as a painting or statue. If you have stunning indoor plants and you want to direct your guests’ attention to them, some carefully positioned accent lights will do the trick. Accent lighting won’t cost you an arm and a leg, but the aesthetic benefits you’ll enjoy will feel like you’ve closed a million-dollar deal.
- Custom cabinetry. It’s hard to beat some custom cabinetry placed in the kitchen, garage, bathroom, and bedrooms. For this upgrade, you might have to tap a local artisan to craft your desired cabinets following your specifications. You could also just give the craftsman free rein and prepare yourself to be surprised with the custom cabinetry that such a professional could create for you.
- Programmable thermostat. A huge chunk of any home’s monthly power consumption is taken by its heating and cooling systems. By investing less than $500 on a programmable thermostat, you can enjoy huge savings on your monthly power bills. This digital device automatically regulates indoor temperatures based on the parameters entered into it by the homeowner. Over time, this simple upgrade would surely pay for itself with the cumulative savings you’ll enjoy.
- LED lighting. If you’re still using incandescent or CFL lighting fixtures, then you should immediately make the switch to LED lights. Unlike the first two lighting options, LEDs do not consume electricity like a power-hungry monster; instead LED lights only require low power consumption to illuminate your home. They also last longer and are proven to be more eco-friendly than other lighting products in the market.
These simple, yet cost-efficient upgrades will surely improve your home’s beauty, functionality, and power-saving qualities. Be sure to invest in them soon to enjoy a home that is hugely improved in many ways Check also Staples cabinets.