Is your beach house a little dated or needing a mini makeover? Here are 23 simple decorating ideas that will spruce up and highlight the beauty of your summer residence.
1. Classic Adirondack chairs on the porch.
2. Removable cushion covers and sofa slipcovers in outdoor-rated fabrics such as Sunbrella are easy to wash and will stand up to damp swimsuits and towels.
3. Braided or woven area rug. Because the wood floors do take a beating.
4. Unfinished, unlaquered table tops echoe the look of driftwood.
5. White wicker end tables are perfect for bedrooms or the living room.
6. Removable cushion covers and sofa slipcovers in outdoor-rated fabrics such as Sunbrella are easy to wash and will stand up to damp swimsuits and towels.
7. A lighthouse needlepoint throw pillow displayed on a rocking chair.
8. Use red, white, and blue accents for a touch of Americana throughout your house.
9. Louvered shutters keep the midday sun at bay on porches and bedrooms.
10. Ceiling fans to circulate the air and cool the rooms.
11. Underwater themed or tropical wall mural in a bedroom or the living room.
12. Decorative seagrass baskets for storage.
13. Bed linens with vivid blue and bright white stripes for a classic nautical theme.
14. For a high-ceilinged room, keep the windows unadorned to let the natural light in completely.
15. Picnic table and benches for outdoor dining
16. Simple vintage bed frames.
17. Seashell framed mirror for the bathroom.
18. A nautical house flag or brightly colored windsock for the front porch.
19. Wooden model ship. A mini version of a sailboat, fishing boat, or yacht for a centerpiece or to display on a mantel or coffee table.
20. Ornamental lawn lighthouse for the front yard.
21. Cabinet hardware with shell, lighthouse, dolphin, boat, anchor, or palm tree designs
22. Door knocker with anchor or clam shell design.
23. And of course, display seashells, driftwood, and sea rocks found at your local beach throughout your beach house for a special touch.
Use a combination of these beach home decor tips to bring a fresh and decidedly beachy feel to your home.