Most people would agree that the most daunting part of any floor renovation project is the scraping and removal of the old flooring. It is a tedious and messy task that we would instead get out of the way as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Flooring material such as ceramic, plastic and carpets are not easy to remove especially in high traffic areas. Fortunately, there are professionals out there that can undertake the task for you.
Contractors and property owners utilise all sort of products to get rid of flooring– anything from a conventional hammer & chisel to huge ride on floor scrapers .
Consider the following when dealing with any floor removal project:
There are a couple of questions that you might want to ask yourself before tackling the task of floor removal. Getting answers to the following will enable you to choose the right strategy and get the job done in as little time as possible.
- Where is the flooring located? This factor alone determines many things such as access to power, square footage and whether or not a loading dock is required for tools and equipment. It would help if you also considered whether the area is currently occupied and whether the job might present an inconvenience to people in the area.
- What is the flooring material that you need to remove? Specific equipment and tools do a better job than others when working with certain types of material than others.
- What is currently wrong with the flooring? The present condition of the rug is likewise an important factor that one needs to consider? Is the covering all worn-out, flaking or solid. In the case, of the latter, removal might require the use of power tools.
- What Will Be Applied Over The Prepared Surface area? Some additional Surface Prep work might be needed for the new flooring/ covering.
- How big (or small) is the job? This gives you a clear idea of how long the situation is going to take.
- Is the area in an enclosed space and not well ventilated? If so, then you might need to use a vacuum dust extractor to prevent breathing-related illnesses . Airborne dirt is harmful to your health and wellness. Making use of some dirt prevention is safe and also decreases job duration.
Recommended tools/equipment for floor removal
Self-propelled floor tile removers
These are equipment that combines the power of a ride-on flooring stripper with the measurements of a smaller sized stripper. Its self-propulsion drive automatically pushes the device with floor covering material. It’s excellent for removing all kinds of hard and soft flooring materials from wood and ceramic blocks to vinyl and carpet mediums. It is also ideal for eliminating specific flooring material such as rubber membranes commonly used in sporting areas.
Manual ceramic tile removers
Power tools that can eliminate roughly 200 square feet of soft flooring material per hour. These tile removers are portable, easy to use and draws power from an ordinary wall socket or solar …