Let's not, over – complicate this! Real estate transactions, and the best practices of agents, may be part-art, and partially, a science, it is important, to avoid the temptation to over – think this issue, and constantly, try, to think, outside – the – box! When agents try to sell any particular house / property, representing their client's best interests, they must professionally use, the tried – and – proven, techniques, and methods, while recognizing applicable trends, and the specific niche of that home! Indeed, is selling a house, a SCIENCE ? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why, every homeowner, should try, to better understand it.
1. System; solutions; service: It is the inherent duty, and responsibility of one's chosen, selected, and hired, real estate agent, to fully explain his reasoning, and the system, which they will use, and why, they believe, it will best serve the client's best interests. While there may be challenges, one should propose viable solutions, to address these, in a valuable, service – oriented way!
2. CMA – Competitive Market Analysis: Beware of any professional, who proposes, and / or, suggests a listing price, without fully supporting his reasoning, with the assistance of a professionally designed, Competitive Market Analysis, or CMA. This must, thoroughly, compare the subject property, to those which have sold recently, as well as, are presently, being offered on the market. It must address, both, his client's home's strengths, as well as areas of weakness!
3. Imagination; ideas; integrity: One must proceed with the utmost degree of genuine, absolute integrity, at all times! He must possess a well – developed, relevant imagination, while introducing ideas, which assist his client!
4. Ethics; empathy; emphasis: It is one's responsibility to ethically, represent his homeowner, and proceed, to protect their privacy, fiduciary / fiscal information, and any other personal information. He must develop a relationship, so he might proceed with the utmost empathy! This must direct, where he places, his emphasis!
5. Needs; niche: If one hopes to address true needs, he must take the time, and make the effort, to honesty, thoroughly, consider, the specific house's niche, and what it might mean, in terms of an overall, marketing strategy!
6. Creative; closing: The more skilled, and prepared, one is, the more creative, and meaningful, is his representation! It's important to recognize, an agent hasn't performed his duties, and responsibilities, until after, the closing!
7. Encourage; excellence: Great agents proceed with a focus on quality and excellence, every step, along the way! This is the best way, to encourage his client, and potential buyers, to come to, a meeting – of – the – minds!
Is selling a home, SCIENCE? Certainly, to a very large degree!